06 Mar Indicators of humidity in your home
Humidity is one of the most common problems we can see in our homes but we can be attentive to different indicators to know that we have them.
Below, we will show you some indicators that you can have in your home and that indicate that you have humidity. If you want to know them, keep reading the following information.
Indicators of humidity in your home
Detecting the presence of moisture in the home is important because it can be an indicator of health and safety problems, as well as possible structural and maintenance problems in the house. Here are some ways to detect the presence of moisture in the home:
- Mold or fungal stains: If you find mold or fungal stains on the walls, ceilings or floors of your home, it is a clear sign of excess moisture. Mold grows in damp and poorly ventilated areas, so its presence indicates that there is a moisture problem in the house.
- Condensation on windows: Condensation on windows is another common sign of excess moisture. If you see that the windows are fogged or wet, especially on cold days, there is likely to be excess moisture in the house.
- Smells of moisture: If you detect a smell of moisture or mold in any of the rooms in your home, there is likely to be a moisture problem. This odor can be especially pronounced in areas that have poor ventilation, such as basements and attics.
- Wet walls or walls with water stains: If you notice that the walls of your home are wet to the touch or have water stains, this is a sure sign of a moisture problem. This can be caused by water leaks in the house or by problems in the drainage system. The wetness by filtration, are those that usually appear when we see this type of stains.
- Health problems: If residents of the home experience health problems, such as allergies, asthma, or respiratory problems, this can also be a sign of moisture problems at home. Moisture in the air can contribute to the proliferation of dust mites and other allergens in the home, which can worsen the symptoms of affected people.
Advantages of detecting humidity in time
If you are aware of the above indications, here are some of the advantages that you can get at home:
- Prevent structural damage: Moisture can weaken the structure of a building, especially if it is a wooden construction. If moisture is detected early, measures can be taken to prevent the appearance of mold, fungi and other agents that weaken the structure of the building.
- Avoid health problems: Excessive humidity in the home can be harmful to health, especially if it is people who suffer from asthma, allergies or respiratory problems. If moisture is detected early, steps can be taken to prevent mold and other harmful agents.
- Save on repair costs: If moisture is detected early, steps can be taken to fix the problem before it gets worse. This way, costly repairs can be avoided in the future.
- Maintain aesthetics: Moisture can stain and damage paint, carpets and other materials. If moisture is detected early, steps can be taken to prevent damage to materials and maintain the aesthetics of the home.
We help you detect and fix humidity in your home
In Humilogic we help you to detect and solve the humidity that may appear in your home. We also have other services such as waterproofing.
If you want to know more information, do not hesitate to contact us.