17 Sep Consequences of humidities on pregnant women and babies
Humidities in the home can be harmful to different members of the household. They can trigger dangerous respiratory diseases, and the risk of contracting one increases for pregnant women and babies.
At Humilogic we show you the consequences of dampness for pregnant women and babies, so that you can find out more about it and avoid the risks. We also show you how to identify and eliminate them.
Your baby is more prone to serious respiratory illnesses
- Your baby is more prone to serious respiratory illnesses
- Mould on your baby’s clothes? It’s because of dampness
- If you suffer from mould allergies
- If you do not suffer from allergies
- What are the consequences of dampness in pregnant women?
- Some of the consequences of humidities in pregnant women are:
- How to detect humidity problems
- Take care of your baby’s health by eliminating dampness with Humilogic
Excessive environmental humidity can cause respiratory illnesses for the youngest member of the household.
Some of the illnesses caused by dampness in the room are the following: sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and other lung diseases and infections. These are some of the consequences of dampness in babies.
Mould on your baby’s clothes? It’s because of dampness
If you have noticed that your baby’s clothes have mould on them, it is a clear sign that you are suffering from damp in your home. This fungus only lives in places where there is a very damp environment.
Black mould gives off spores to spread further and these spores are tiny and float through the air. When your baby breathes, he absorbs these spores and they get into his lungs, triggering breathing problems.
Here are two ways mould can affect your baby.
If you suffer from mould allergies
If your little one is allergic to mould, you can tell by the reactions your baby will have, including itching, sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes.
If you do not suffer from allergies
If you do not suffer from allergies, mould can cause serious respiratory problems, as newborn babies do not have a well-developed immune system.
What are the consequences of dampness in pregnant women?
Excessive moisture in the home can greatly affect pregnant women. It can cause everything from skin complaints to infectious diseases. And the risk increases as the last months of pregnancy approach.
Some of the consequences of humidities in pregnant women are:
- Injuries and respiratory problems.
- It can cause stress. Stress derives from the discomfort caused by health problems. Stress is one of the greatest enemies of pregnancy, as it interferes with the correct development of the embryo.
- Medications can harm the baby. During this stage a woman cannot take any medication to treat her ailments, as they can negatively affect the foetus. This makes dampness-induced illnesses more difficult to treat.
How to detect humidity problems
The first step to avoid the consequences of humidity in pregnant women and babies is to detect dampness early. Here are some indications that your home has problems with dampness by condensation, filtration or capillarity:
- Swollen wood.
- Raised tiles.
- Mould on clothes, walls and furniture.
- Stench produced by mould releasing spores and musty smell.
- Black stains in dark, damp places.
- Paint chipping.
Take care of your baby’s health by eliminating dampness with Humilogic
After you’ve located the damp place, it’s time to call in a professional to remove it. Humilogic is one of the best humidity companies and we have more than 25 years of experience in dampness treatments.
We have the best equipment to diagnose the source of the damp in your home. Contact us and avoid the terrible consequences of damp in your home.