23 Nov How to solve condensation problems in a home?
Humidity… that endless problem for many that causes stress, damage to the structure of the home and health problems for family members.
One of the most common is dampness due to condensation, which consists of the appearance of water on the walls and other areas of the house due to the high percentage of water vapor in the air.
This water vapour, when it runs into colder enclosures in your house, condenses, thus discovering that water on the walls that creates fungi and destroys your home.
How to solve condensation problems in a house? This article will help you understand what’s causing the dampness, how to get rid of it, and how to stop it from coming back.
What causes humidity condensation problems?
- What causes humidity condensation problems?
- Lack of ventilation in the room
- Lack of thermal insulation
- Uncontrolled use of heating
- Excessive water vapor production in space
- How damp is manifested by condensation: symptoms
- Consequences of condensation problems due to humidity
- What to do to avoid moisture
- If you already have humidity due to condensation, this is your best solution
There are 4 factors that cause humidity problems due to condensation. Let’s see.
Lack of ventilation in the room
Rooms that do not have windows, or that have windows but do not open them to ventilate the space, will suffer from problems related to condensation and humidity.
In addition, many people are used to painting walls with plastic paint, which is waterproof and prevents passive ventilation of rooms.
Lack of thermal insulation
The lack of potable material on the outside of the walls causes cold spots to be generated that favor the appearance of humidity.
The most common areas for this problem are between the floor and the facade, in corners, roofs, upper structure and ground.
Uncontrolled use of heating
A thermal shock of hot and cold air causes condensation. Therefore, it is important to use heating moderately.
Excessive water vapor production in space
Another of the moisture condensation problems is generated by the excessive production of water vapor, which is generated by hot showers, drying clothes indoors or cooking.
How damp is manifested by condensation: symptoms
Condensing moisture solution starts with knowing how to detect it. Well, if you see these symptoms in your home, it’s time to call the condensation humidity professionals:
- Vapor in crystals.
- Black spots on the floor or ceiling.
- Black dots on surfaces.
- Condensation on windows.
- Wall fungus.
- Mold on clothes and closets.
- Musty smell.
- Damp furniture.
Consequences of condensation problems due to humidity
Problems related to moisture condensation can cause serious damage to the structure of the house, deteriorating it to the point of collapsing.
But, in addition, it can affect the health of the people who live in the house in a considerable way, especially in children, babies and older adults.
What to do to avoid moisture
The solution of humidity by condensation is given by avoiding it. It is better to take preventive measures that make it impossible for them to appear in the home. The son recommendations:
- Ventilate the spaces with natural air, opening the windows, every day for 20 minutes.
- Do not dry clothes inside the house.
- If you have hot showers, ventilate the bathroom after use.
- Use an exhaust fan in your kitchen.
- Maintain an interior temperature of 25°C in summer and 21°C in winter.
- Incorporate a thermal insulator on the facade of the house and its exterior walls.
If you already have humidity due to condensation, this is your best solution
If you have moisture condensation problems, the solution is to hire the experts to fix it permanently. And Humilogic is your most comfortable option. We have a team of professionals who are experts in repairing dampness in homes.
We offer you a permanent solution, so that you no longer have moisture problems. Do you want to know our price? Contact us. We will give you a personalized quote, and we guarantee that our cost is one of the cheapest on the market.