10 Jan Fighting mold: how to remove that unwanted tenant from the bathroom ceiling
¡Ah, the mold on the ceiling of the bathroom! That unwanted visit that seems to settle as if paying rent. But quiet, you are not alone in this fight. From Humilogic, we’ll show you how to say goodbye to the mold on your bathroom ceiling.
How to remove mold from your bathroom ceiling
Removing mold from the bathroom ceiling may seem like a daunting battle, but with the right steps, you can regain freshness and cleanliness. Before fighting, identify the affected areas. Look for dark spots or discoloration on the bathroom ceiling. Mold prefers wet environments, so the ceiling is a common goal.
What you’ll need: white vinegar, baking soda, a sprayer, a hard bristle brush and protective gloves. These elements will be your allies in the battle against mold.
Follow this steps
- Preparation of the cleaner: mix equal parts of white vinegar and baking soda in the sprayer. This blend creates a powerful and natural cleaner.
- Applying the cleaner: Generously spray the mixture over the affected areas. Make sure to completely cover the mold.
- Wait and attack: let the cleaner act for at least 15 minutes. Vinegar will disinfect and remove mold, while baking soda will enhance the effect.
- Intense brushing: use the hard bristle brush to scrub persistent stains. Exert pressure, but don’t overdo it to avoid damaging the roof. The estimated time of brushing is about 10 minutes but, you should take into account the intensity of the stains.
- Final rinse: rinse the ceiling with clean water to remove any cleaner residue and mold. No matter how much water you use, keep in mind that it should be completely clean and the ceiling should look like new, without any cleaning.